Openings at Swarajya
How to apply:
Please write to email@example.com with a brief note and resume.
1. Executive Editor
- Work as a part of the editorial leadership team to translate Swarajya's vision into actionable objectives and time bound deliverable.
- Day to day management of all Swarajya products - daily digital platform, monthly flagship print, videos, weekend special, Hindi and special editorial projects
- Commissioning, audience development, running editorial calendars, analytics based decision making, represent Swarajya in professional forums and team management.
- Any other related work that is required for smooth conduct of editorial operations at Swarajya.
- Qualifications: 10- 15 years of experience with a prestigious publication in an editorial capacity, reportage in politics economy or business domains. Ability to work in dynamic and unstructured environments, mentor diverse pool of writers and reporters.
2. Video & Webinar Producer
- Ability to work with the editorial team to conceptualize visuals, style frames, and branding for webinar series.
- Plan, execute video shoots, act as producer during video interviews, webinars and other important on-location shoots.
- Develop video scripts and story as part of editorial content – this will include ideating, developing the story-board, reaching out to people for interviews/shoots, filming, editing the story, post producing and publishing the final story keeping the platform’s guidelines in mind.
3. Staff Writer (5 Openings)
We’re looking to hire Staff Writers to cover the following areas:
- Business & Markets
- Economics & Finance,
A degree in economics/finance will be helpful but not a prerequisite. Journalistic experience is not necessary.
- Extremely well-read, always curious and argumentative. We look for candidates who wake up every morning with a mild sense of panic over having missed the last six hours of the news cycle.
- Good understanding of micro and macro-economic trends, an ability to analyse corporate financial statements, track key developments in the corporate world, analyse equity and fixed income markets.
- Produce news items on both immediate developments and long term trends. Should be familiar with digital publishing tools such as Content Management Systems and social media tools.
4. Director (Sales- Bilateral Advertising And Events )
- Build an integrated sales strategy consistent with Swarajya’s business plans.
- Lead development of multi-channel revenue streams across print and digital products. Identify and drive advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
- Identify growth areas and drive strategies for engagement with Swarajya’s international audience.