Photo Essay - How The BJP HQ Looked Like On 16 May 2014
A photo essay from Smita Barooah, a BJP volunteer during the 2014 General Elections. These pictures were taken on the 15th, 16th and 17th of May 2014 at the BJP HQ. From quiet to happy to exuberant – these photos capture the mood and celebrations at the BJP HQ following the party’s historic election victory.
1) The Day Before – A quiet day at the BJP HQ, nobody seems to be around
2)…except for the laddoo makers! Hundreds of laddoos being made in anticipation of an electoral win.
3) May 16! Cadres slowly begin to realise that this was going to be a bigger victory. The band is out!
4) A big “Thank You” hoarding is put up – its more or less clear who will be the next Prime Minister
5) Thanks are being offered to Hanuman
6) Of-course there HAS to be a mega chai-pe-charcha
7) Volunteers of the National Digital Operations Centre (NDOC) of the BJP now know its all done! Spot the author?
8) Bands are out in full form. Dancers too!
9) More Music & Dance
10) May 17 – The PM Designate arrives at the BJP HQ to a huge welcome!
As you are no doubt aware, Swarajya is a media product that is directly dependent on support from its readers in the form of subscriptions. We do not have the muscle and backing of a large media conglomerate nor are we playing for the large advertisement sweep-stake.
Our business model is you and your subscription. And in challenging times like these, we need your support now more than ever.
We deliver over 10 - 15 high quality articles with expert insights and views. From 7AM in the morning to 10PM late night we operate to ensure you, the reader, get to see what is just right.
Becoming a Patron or a subscriber for as little as Rs 1200/year is the best way you can support our efforts.