Centre's coveted Ayushman Bharat programme got a big endorsement on Thursday (28 March 2019) with the renowned 700-bed high-capacity multi-speciality Sir Ganga Ram Hospital from the national capital agreeing to joining the programme.
It signed a pact with the National Health Authority (NHA) and the agreement for empanelment was signed by NHA CEO Dr Indu Bhushan and additional director (medical) of the hospital Dr Satendra Katoch, reports Financial Express.
“We deeply value the ethos of Ayushman Bharat – Prime Minister Jan Arogya Yojana. Our hospital will contribute towards the vision of the Prime Minister to provide healthcare for all Indians,” said Dr D S Rana, Chairman (BOM), Sir Ganga Ram Hospital.
However, it must be noted that only non-Delhi residents will be able to benefit from the scheme as Delhi government is yet to pass the scheme for implementation in the city with it being at loggerheads with the Centre.
On similar lines, another major development took place with the North Delhi Municipal Corporation Standing Committee on Tuesday (26 March 2019) passing an order to implement the Ayushman Bharat programme across its hospitals, reports Indian Express.
Hospitals falling under the North body are Maharishi Valmiki Institute for Infectious Diseases, Bara Hindu Rao Hospital, Kasturba Gandhi Hospital, Girdhari Lal Hospital and Rajan Babu Institute of Pulmonary Medicine and Tuberculosis. However, here too, only non-Delhi residents will be able to benefit from the scheme.
The Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) provides healthcare benefits worth Rs 500,000 to each eligible family per year in government and empanelled private hospitals. The Centre bears 60 per cent of the cost whereas the remaining 40 per cent is borne by the state.
As you are no doubt aware, Swarajya is a media product that is directly dependent on support from its readers in the form of subscriptions. We do not have the muscle and backing of a large media conglomerate nor are we playing for the large advertisement sweep-stake.
Our business model is you and your subscription. And in challenging times like these, we need your support now more than ever.
We deliver over 10 - 15 high quality articles with expert insights and views. From 7AM in the morning to 10PM late night we operate to ensure you, the reader, get to see what is just right.
Becoming a Patron or a subscriber for as little as Rs 1200/year is the best way you can support our efforts.