North Central Railway (NCR) zone of the Indian Railways has launched a mobile application to cater to massive passenger rush during the Kumbh Mela, reports Financial Express. The ‘Rail Kumbh Seva Mobile App’ will assist people coming to Prayagraj for the pilgrimage, beginning on 15 January.
According to the report, application would help devotees to travel throughout the city of Prayagraj and the Mela grounds. The app will be a digital aid to tourists in the town. Here is everything you need to know about the application.
- Details of all the ‘Mela Special’ Trains that will run in the festive period will be available on the Rail Kumbh Seva application.
- Users will be able to buy both reserved and unreserved train tickets via a link from the application.
- Users, with the help of the application, can find their location and get directions to reach railway stations, Mela zones, hotels, bus stations and other facilities in Prayagraj.
- Users can get information about the availability of passenger amenities at railway stations like parking, refreshment rooms, book stalls, food plazas, ATMs, waiting rooms and inquiry.
- The application will also showcase photos from previous Kumbh Melas in the photo gallery.
Indian Railways, to ensure smooth functioning of events in the Kumbh, has joined hands with the state administration. It is also building a new platform, a foot-over bridge and skywalks to ensure passengers can move without any problems.