Assuring the nation that the second go at the launching of the Chandrayaan-II mission will be successful, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) chief K Sivan has said that all the preparatory work in this regard is over as of now, reports ANI.
K Sivan, who is supervising the ambitious programme, said:
ISRO Chief, K Sivan: All preparatory work for #Chandrayaan-2 launch completed. Technical snags that developed in the first attempt have been rectified. Today evening, the countdown for the launch will begin. Chandrayaan-2 will perform 15 crucial maneuvers in days to come. pic.twitter.com/o35aT0U956— ANI (@ANI) July 21, 2019
“We have taken enough corrective measures. The technical glitch was discovered, and the mission was aborted last week. The tests to find out the error and take remedial measures continued for one-and-a-half days. I can assure that there will be no such technical failure this time. There is no chance for it,” The Hindu quotes Sivan.
Chandrayaan-II was to be launched on 15 July at 2.51 am but was suspended just 56 minutes before the intended time due to a technical glitch. The launch has been rescheduled to be held on Monday, 22 July 2019 at 2:43 PM IST.