Finance Minister Niramla Sitharaman on Thursday (8 February) presented the 'White Paper On Indian Economy' in the Parliament.
The paper discusses the economic mismanagement of the Congress-led UPA government and the steps taken by the Modi government to reform and rejuvenate the economy.
Here's everything you need to know about the content of the 'White Paper' from our extensive coverage of the three-part document.
1. A brief look on what the three part document says.
2. India's performance on 35 indicators under UPA and NDA governments:
3. How the UPA and NDA government performed in delivery of key programmes:
4. The White Paper also discussed the UPA-era NPA crisis that adversely impacted the health of India's banking sector.
5. The document also throws light on the current status of the UPA era corruption scams.
Kuldeep is Senior Editor (Newsroom) at Swarajya. He tweets at @kaydnegi.
An appeal from Swarajya
At Swarajya, we rely on our readers' support through subscriptions to sustain our media platform. Unlike larger conglomerates, we are unable to relentlessly chase advertising money — our model is largely built on your patronage.
Your support has never been more crucial. We work tirelessly to deliver 10-15 high-quality articles daily, ensuring you receive insightful content from 7 AM to 10 PM.
If you believe India's story has to be articulated in a way it has never been done before without shrugging it off, become a patron (or) subscribe now for ₹̶2̶4̶0̶0̶ ₹1999 and get 12 print issues, unlimited digital access for 1 year, a special India that is Bharat T-shirt (Offer ends soon).
We are counting on you!