I’m A Democrat, And I’m Voting For Trump. Let’s Talk About It.
A Democrat makes a mature case for Trump to be elected President in this year’s US Presidential Election.
In the process, he opens up an intelligent dialogue on the credentials, earlier work, and chances of the two candidates, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.
A person’s success in life can usually be measured by the number of uncomfortable conversations he or she is willing to have .Timothy Ferriss
Before I begin reading any article about politics I look to the author information. Who are they and what is their bias. Here is me and mine:
1. I was born and raised in NYC. I am 50 years old. My bio is here.
2. I am a (liberal?) Democrat. I have given, hosted, bundled, been on finance committees.
3. I was infrequently in school, I cut a lot of classes. I was inadequately indoctrinated and only partially assimilated.
4. Hobbies: I study Supreme Court decisions, Roman, Greek & American History. I play scrabble. I play whack a mole in smoky illegal gambling dens.
5. I have an unpleasant but occasionally profitable habit of asking ‘why’ until I understand all the complexity of something.
6. Favourite quote: “I don’t judge people by what they have, I judge people by what they give back”. – Mom
My thoughts below are scattered, brief and incomplete.
- I voted for Obama two times.
- I believe that the symbolism of a black President shielded Obama from the evaluation, discussion, transparency and criticism that citizens must demand of their leader.
- TPP (Trans Pacific Partnership) is the most urgent example of a President aligned with lobbyists to install the most transformational and anti Democratic bill in American history.
- ObamaCare was a transfer of taxpayer wealth to insurance companies. It was cloaked in excessive language to hide its deceptions according to its own architect.
When this presidential cycle began I was determined to vote for Hillary. But, I suffer from the double edge of an annoyingly inquisitive nature.
Hillary and her political enablers and courtiers argue that the Democratic party must come together to defeat the ‘evil’ of Trump, I disagree…
It is far more ‘evil’ and destructive to the United States to permit Hillary to be our president:
Foreign Policy. Hillary was a horrible Secretary of State that made very poor decisions in Honduras, Libya, Syria and Egypt.
Clinton Global (and its related entities) is a department store of political, multinational, corruption. The charity is under investigation, it was the middle man in weapons deals to foreign nations, it brokered a treasonous uranium deal to Russia, it stole money from Haiti and small contributors after the earthquake, it was deeply involved in a larcenous private college, Laureate University, it has allied with some of the worst dictators in the world and it may unravel slowly as the greatest charity fraud in history.
Emails: The email ‘issue’ is an open and shut conviction within the Espionage Act.
I voted for Sanders in the primary.
I am voting for Trump
Trump has direction. Precision can be acquired.
“On trade, on immigration, on foreign policy, the jobs, incomes and security of the American worker will always be my first priority.”Trump doctrine
Trump is anti (endless) war
Trump is the peace candidate. For decades we have been led by self-aggrandising neocon war hawks who desired war and regime change and then reverse engineered their way into those conflicts. The neocons hate Trump and instead they aligned with the vicious war mongerer Hillary. They wrote this inverse letter of support for her.
- Our economy is not as elastic or resilient as it once was. We are burdened with both the ‘known’ debt and the high probability of crippling ‘known unknown‘ debt, such as from bank failure, pension fund bailouts and municipal bond defaults.
- There has been almost a decade of bipartisan contempt for a federal budget and balancing the taxpayer checkbook.
- Tax receipts are at a record, yet we are trillion dollars more in debt this year. This is a government personality disorder.
- Despite trillions of dollars forced into the economy, wealth inequality has widened along racial, ethnic lines during Obama’s presidency: read this from the Pew research Center.
- I am bullish on startups, venture capital, private equity. Requirements for financial reporting, mechanisms for liquidity, analyst coverage and distribution will greatly improve.
Professional politicians have installed a system of big, excessive government as both a business operating system and as a social issues arbiter.
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them .Albert Einstein
Free speech has been reframed to conform to the guidelines of Facebook and Twitter and a corporate ideology.
Can political correctness kill?
Why has political correctness so aggressively being injected into legislative and judiciary and Executive agendas?
Free speech is a safety valve. Reducing our language of any possible offensive character is being engineered not to salve, but to create turmoil. Big state (your tax dollars) is manufacturing chaos and then big state (your tax dollars) is coming into legislate and police. Big state is setting the fire and then calls the fire department and becomes a hero.
Is #FightingForYou also #VictimizingYou
Is Trump Racist, Islamophobic, Misogynistic, Homophobic? Answer: No
- People are being pounded into a mass media induced frenzy.
- Reactions to Trump are visceral. That has been manufactured.
People need to talk and be compassionate to each other. People are not, yet, homogeneous twitter bots.
An uncomfortable discussion that knocks on the walls of a safe space can be frightening to some people. But, that person cowering in their safe space can also be a bully.
- Women: Women that I have spoken to are not offended by Trump, he is an equal opportunity offender.
- Transgender: Being the odd people person that I am, I asked a transgender person their thoughts on the subject and its periphery matters. She thinks it is a state issue. She is voting for Trump.
- Islamophobia: The Obama administration has forcibly removed ‘Islamic Terrorism’ and ‘Radical Islam’ from our vernacular. We have lost very important qualitative and quantitative measures that can distinguish the ‘good’ from the ‘bad’. Without this evaluation how can we win a war on terror? Or, maybe that’s the point? Trump calling for a temporary ban on entry for Muslim immigration was an opening bid to a discussion. I know many Muslims very enthusiastically voting for Trump.
Refugee crisis and economic (illegal) immigration
Trump didn’t create the wars in South America or provoke American intervention in those countries. He didn’t draft, advocate or sign NAFTA, CAFTA, which caused massive economic disruption. He is unmolested by the legacy of those issues. This gives him, and us, a chance to sincerely discuss very real issues.
- Refugee settlement requires a coherent and articulated American strategy, not Bono financial exploitation.
- (Illegal) Immigration is labour arbitrage and has taxpayer subsidies and other implications to schooling and social services requirements. This requires funding, and a consistent, fair and legal framework. I know many recent immigrants and people of Latino descent that are voting for Trump.
Both parties use this contrivance to lure straying voters and attach them to a cause. I don’t see any certainty that one side, left-wing or right, will produce a different outcome than any other. We are fortunate to have a very durable foundation.
- The ‘liberal’ justices sided with Justice Roberts in Holder v. Humanitarian Law Project — an ominous case instance of rights being taken away.
- You might enjoy reading about this case, Mcdonnell v United States.
Dodd-Frank and Banks that are too big
- From the applause the Democrats gave themselves a person might think that Dodd Frank was useful legislation, it wasn’t. It didn’t solve any problems and managed to create new ones.
- If you want to read a scary short story, this letter from the Fed to Jamie Dimon, Chairman of JP Morgan Chase — potential threat to “the financial stability of the United States.” (page 11)
- Banks have to be ‘broken up’ and Trump is the only candidate who can take away their candy. David Stockman, cofounder of Blackstone, wrote this great piece, please read: The Case For A Super Glass-Steagall
Trump foreign policy
“The world must know that we do not go abroad in search of enemies, that we are always happy when old enemies become friends and when old friends become allies, that’s what we want. We want them to be our allies. We want the world to be — we want to bring peace to the world. Too much destruction out there, too many destructive weapons.”
Trump vs ______
- The ‘job’ of the pundit, expert and intellectual is to preserve the status quo through ‘any means necessary’. This includes ridicule, marginalisation, outright lies. It is an exchange, the Government and/or its apparatus and American apparatchiks will give a person privilege, in exchange they must legitimise whatever absurdity is implicitly demanded of them.
- Politic is a consumer item and ‘buyers’, the voters are deliberately being bombarded with crazy attacks on Trump. The intention is not to create an accurate, rational, narrative of Trump. The purpose is to continually ‘shock’ the voter. It is a tactic that George Soros has discussed as an economic theory. Soros: General Theory of Reflexivity
Miscellany incomplete thoughts
- The mechanics of propaganda are bombarding every channel of distribution with an untrue and anachronistic view of our remarkable history, our people and the achievement of our Constitution. There has never been anything like it and it is being eroded, purposefully, by both sides. Each take turns pushing its envelope and each uses the Supreme Court to legitimise the Federal overreach.
- If someone is interested in reading some well informed and wonderfully constructed examination of our political system, I would suggest starting with this brief read (pdf), the ‘Anatomy of the State by Murray Rothbard‘. From this starting point work your way backwards or forwards in time, from Thucydides in ancient Greece to contemporary history.
- Free college is a lie, because…College as a four year program is a lie. College is the cable TV bundle, why do I need to pay for all the channels if I only want ESPN?
- ‘White privilege’ is a political tactic manufactured and promulgated to create conflict and increase violence. Politics is always about directing rage, the true culprit is not ‘white privilege’ but rather those who are the masters of the system, who are white. So ‘white privilege’ is meant to cast a too wide net, its target should be narrowed to the ‘1 percent privilege’, some of whom are white. Y’all dig? Please read this 1970’s radical treatise ‘Prairie Fire‘ by Bill Ayers and the Weather Underground. It is the architecture of much of the deliberate civil discord we are experiencing now.
America needs a true leader, not just someone swathed in American iconography and reciting focus group certified slogans. We are an emotionally frail country. A generation of Americans have never known a country not at war, not in debt, not printing money. We have to get out of the state of wardom, spend our money on us and save for our future.
- I believe Trump’s business failures and successes are precisely what makes him qualified.
- The solution to creating more and better jobs is not more government, it’s less.
- As an employer, Trump understands how onerous the government and its compliance and regulatory structures have become. Washington has led an assault on business.
I am voting for Trump. Make America Great again.
This piece was first published on Medium and has been republished here with permission.
As you are no doubt aware, Swarajya is a media product that is directly dependent on support from its readers in the form of subscriptions. We do not have the muscle and backing of a large media conglomerate nor are we playing for the large advertisement sweep-stake.
Our business model is you and your subscription. And in challenging times like these, we need your support now more than ever.
We deliver over 10 - 15 high quality articles with expert insights and views. From 7AM in the morning to 10PM late night we operate to ensure you, the reader, get to see what is just right.
Becoming a Patron or a subscriber for as little as Rs 1200/year is the best way you can support our efforts.