The City and Industrial Development Corporation (CIDCO), the planning body for Navi Mumbai, has issued tenders valued at Rs 1,216 crore to for the development of Navi Mumbai Airport Influence Notified Area (NAINA) project.
The development of region is planned under the Town Planning Scheme (TPS), with a total of 12 planning schemes and the corporation anticipates starting work on them shortly to speed up the delayed NAINA project.
The tenders released by the authority are for work related to construction of roads, footpaths, drains — proposed for TPS-2 to TPS-7, and the development works are expected to commence soon, as per Hindustan Times report.
The tender process will be seamless and conducted online with transparency.
The Navi Mumbai Airport Influence Notified Area (NAINA) — a well-planned city spanning 371 sq km around Navi Mumbai's airport — is being developed by the town planning body to prevent the region’s haphazard growth, along with ensuring planned infrastructure and modern amenities.
Sanjay Mukherjee, Vice Chairman & Managing Director of CIDCO, describes the ambitious NAINA project as a priority in the state's urban planning sector.
He stated, “NAINA is an ambitious project in the urban planning sector of the state. Since the project is being implemented through TPS, CIDCO is targeting speedy implementation of every TPS and the development works proposed under each TPS.”
He further added, “The work of a bridge near Devad village connecting NAINA with New Panvel is also in its final stages.”
The TPS is based on the principle of ‘participation of land owners.’ The infrastructure facilities under the scheme will be developed by CIDCO.
Under the plan, landowners will receive 40 per cent of their original land that has been developed with 2.5 Floor Space Index (FSI), with the remaining 60 per cent being used by CIDCO to construct multiple facilities — including growth centers, gardens, and schools.
Last month, CIDCO presented a budget worth Rs 10,544 crore for the financial year 2023-24 for Navi Mumbai with a push for major infrastructure projects under development and proposed for the region.
As per the Budget allocations, CIDCO has allocated Rs 501 crore for NAINA. Additionally, for the other major infrastructure projects underway in the region — Rs 777 crore for the Metro project and Rs 907 crore for international airport development were allocated.
As you are no doubt aware, Swarajya is a media product that is directly dependent on support from its readers in the form of subscriptions. We do not have the muscle and backing of a large media conglomerate nor are we playing for the large advertisement sweep-stake.
Our business model is you and your subscription. And in challenging times like these, we need your support now more than ever.
We deliver over 10 - 15 high quality articles with expert insights and views. From 7AM in the morning to 10PM late night we operate to ensure you, the reader, get to see what is just right.
Becoming a Patron or a subscriber for as little as Rs 1200/year is the best way you can support our efforts.