The death toll due to the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in China has exceeded 1,520, authorities said on Saturday (15 February), while the number of confirmed cases has risen to over 66,400.
According to the data from China’s National Health Commission, 2,641 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection and 143 deaths have been reported on Friday (14 February) from 31 provincial-level regions and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps.
Among the deaths, 139 were in Hubei Province, two in Henan, one in Beijing and one in Chongqing, according to the Commission.
The National Health Commission on Friday (14 February) had received 66,492 reports of confirmed cases and 1,523 deaths in 31 provincial-level regions on the Chinese mainland and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps, and in all 8,096 patients had been cured and discharged from hospital.
The Hubei province, which is the epicentre of the Coronavirus outbreak, on Friday reported 2,420 new cases of confirmed infections (including 1,923 in Wuhan), 1,216 new cases of suspected infections (including 507 in Wuhan), and 139 deaths (including 107 in Wuhan), the commission said.