Defence Secretary Ajay Kumar, a 1985-batch IAS officer, who had been at the forefront in battling the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic in India, has reportedly tested Coronavirus-positive, sources said on Wednesday (3 June).
The portion of South Block on the Raisina Hill complex in Delhi has been sealed and is in process of sanitisation.
After the reports of Kumar reportedly tested positive came in the corridors of South Block, many top Ministry of Defence officers did not attend their office. It was also reported that Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh also did not attend the office.
The ministry is carrying out an extensive contact tracing, and disinfection of offices in South Block is underway.
It has been found that around 30 people came in close contact with the defence secretary over the last couple of days and they have been told to go into home quarantine.
Till 1 June, the officer was consistently active on social media and was telling masses about the government initiatives to contain the spread of the deadly virus.
This news has been published via Syndicate feed. Only the headline is changed.
As you are no doubt aware, Swarajya is a media product that is directly dependent on support from its readers in the form of subscriptions. We do not have the muscle and backing of a large media conglomerate nor are we playing for the large advertisement sweep-stake.
Our business model is you and your subscription. And in challenging times like these, we need your support now more than ever.
We deliver over 10 - 15 high quality articles with expert insights and views. From 7AM in the morning to 10PM late night we operate to ensure you, the reader, get to see what is just right.
Becoming a Patron or a subscriber for as little as Rs 1200/year is the best way you can support our efforts.