Trichy NIT In Shining Armour; Gets Rs 190-Crore Research Facility, Which Even IITs Don’t Have
Trichy NIT In Shining Armour; Gets Rs 190-Crore Research Facility, Which Even IITs Don’t HaveNIT Trichy Campus (Wikipedia)

Prakash Javadekar, Union HRD Minister, on Friday declared open the Siemens Centre of Excellence at the National Institute of Technology, Trichy, a Times of India report says. Siemens, a German technology firm, has contributed 90 per cent of the Rs. 190 crore as grant to the educational institute as part of an academia-industry interface programme for technological growth. NIT Trichy will contribute the remaining 10 per cent.

The centre is expected to facilitate a multi-disciplinary learning environment across technology, science, engineering and management, said the Minister, adding that even IITs do not have such a facility.

The main aim of the centre is to create a fine technical educational system where academia can help industry make better products and services.

The director of NIT (Trichy), Mini Shaji Thomas, said that the aim now was to make technical educational more industry-aligned.

In addition to skill development, the centre will also serve as a consultant and a research and development platform for industries that are into design, advanced manufacturing, automation, electrical and energy among several others.

An Appeal...

Dear Reader,

As you are no doubt aware, Swarajya is a media product that is directly dependent on support from its readers in the form of subscriptions. We do not have the muscle and backing of a large media conglomerate nor are we playing for the large advertisement sweep-stake.

Our business model is you and your subscription. And in challenging times like these, we need your support now more than ever.

We deliver over 10 - 15 high quality articles with expert insights and views. From 7AM in the morning to 10PM late night we operate to ensure you, the reader, get to see what is just right.

Becoming a Patron or a subscriber for as little as Rs 1200/year is the best way you can support our efforts.

Become A Patron
Become A Subscriber