UP: Pet Dog Saves 35 Lives By Alerting Residents Of House Fire, Later Tragically Dies In Cylinder Blast Representative Image (Chiemsee2016/Pixabay)

A pet dog saved at least 30 lives in Uttar Pradesh’s Banda after he alerted residents of a house fire by barking continually. This woke up the dwellers allowing them to escape, ANI reported.

The episode though ended tragically as the dog unfortunately lost his life in a cylinder blast and could not be saved himself. Eyewitnesses claimed that the dog was tied-up at the time and hence could not be rescued.

As per local reports, the dog belonged to the building’s owner and raises serious questions over the practice of tying dogs up inside houses. The local reports also pegs the survivor number at 35.

The fire reportedly broke out due to a short circuit in a furniture factory in the basement and intensified due to the presence of cylinders. Residents lived in the third and fourth floor of the building while the first and second floor housed shops. The fire later spread to other buildings and the total damage is pegged at Rs 5 crore.

Authorities are expected to file an FIR against the building owner and the furniture factory was reportedly being run without proper permission.

An Appeal...

Dear Reader,

As you are no doubt aware, Swarajya is a media product that is directly dependent on support from its readers in the form of subscriptions. We do not have the muscle and backing of a large media conglomerate nor are we playing for the large advertisement sweep-stake.

Our business model is you and your subscription. And in challenging times like these, we need your support now more than ever.

We deliver over 10 - 15 high quality articles with expert insights and views. From 7AM in the morning to 10PM late night we operate to ensure you, the reader, get to see what is just right.

Becoming a Patron or a subscriber for as little as Rs 1200/year is the best way you can support our efforts.

Become A Patron
Become A Subscriber
Advertisement