The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in a notice [PDF] dated 2 April has announced that it would disclose the scores of candidates who were unable to clear its interview rounds.
The disclosure would be voluntary in nature and only candidates who had agreed for the same would be able to view the details on the National Career Service (NCS) Portal of the Ministry of Labour and Employment. This data would remain available for one year.
This score disclosure is applicable for the following examinations:
- Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2017
- Indian Economic Service Examination, 2018
- Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2018
- Indian Forest Service Examination, 2018
- Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Examination, 2018
- Combined Defence Services Examination (I), 2018
The decision to make such a disclosure has been taken in order to help the candidates find other employment opportunities based on the score. The notice also reiterates that appearing in the final interview round is a testament of the candidate’s ability.
In all, the score details of 4,338 candidates have been made available online. This includes professionals from various backgrounds like medicine, economics, statistics, geophysics, hydro-geology, who can use the score to apply for jobs in their field.