At least seven labourers in Uttar Pradesh’s Sitapur district died on Thursday (6 February) reportedly after a gas leak in a pipeline situated between an acid and a carpet factory, The Indian Express reported attributing new agency ANI.
At the time of publishing this report, local police and the district collector had rushed to the place where the incident took place.
Earlier on Saturday, a 42-year-old man had died allegedly after an ammonia gas leak at a Haldiram’s building in Noida. However, over 300 people had been evacuated from the site.
Firefighters, the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) team, and local police was immediately deployed after the leak was reported at around 12:00pm on Saturday.
“The gas leak had occurred through the valve of one of the four ammonia condensers in the maintenance unit where around 22 people were working and evacuated. One of them was taken to a hospital, where he died later,” NDRF Assistant Commandant Anil Kumar Singh had told PTI.
As you are no doubt aware, Swarajya is a media product that is directly dependent on support from its readers in the form of subscriptions. We do not have the muscle and backing of a large media conglomerate nor are we playing for the large advertisement sweep-stake.
Our business model is you and your subscription. And in challenging times like these, we need your support now more than ever.
We deliver over 10 - 15 high quality articles with expert insights and views. From 7AM in the morning to 10PM late night we operate to ensure you, the reader, get to see what is just right.
Becoming a Patron or a subscriber for as little as Rs 1200/year is the best way you can support our efforts.