‘Was Kapil Mishra Responsible For Sharjeel Imam, Waris Pathan, Umar Khalid’s Speeches’: Meenakshi Lekhi In LS
‘Was Kapil Mishra Responsible For Sharjeel Imam, Waris Pathan, Umar Khalid’s Speeches’: Meenakshi Lekhi In LSMeenakshi Lekhi in Lok Sabha (Screengrab via ANI)

BJP MP from New Delhi Meenakshi Lekhi on Wednesday (11 March) slammed those who squarely blamed BJP leader Kapil Mishra for inciting the Delhi riots by rhetorically asking whether he is also responsible for the acts of Sharjeel Imam, Tahir Hussain and Amanatullah Khan.

“Kapil Mishra was blamed for actions of Sharjeel Imam, Tahir Hussain, Amanatullah Khan, those who proclaimed Kabr Khudegi...he was blamed for those who misbehaved with women, he was blamed for protecting those who play politics of minority appeasement”, said Lekhi.

“For how many things will you blame Kapil Mishra for when some other people were responsible for the riots...this whole issue began over opposition to CAA”, added Lekhi.

“Some JNU students first opposed CAA...then the matter shifted to Jamia and when the cops took action it was accused of stifling freedom of expression. Sonia Gandhi made the statement Aar par ki ladai hogi, sadkon par niklo, Priyanka Gandhi made the statement Kayar hote hain jo sadkon par nahin likalte”, said Lekhi.

She also took on the Shaheen Bagh protesters and Umar Khalid who said that we have to hit the street when Trump comes to power. She added that would Kapil Mishra also be held responsible for Waris Pathan for saying that we 15 per cent will overpower the rest 85 per cent.

An Appeal...

Dear Reader,

As you are no doubt aware, Swarajya is a media product that is directly dependent on support from its readers in the form of subscriptions. We do not have the muscle and backing of a large media conglomerate nor are we playing for the large advertisement sweep-stake.

Our business model is you and your subscription. And in challenging times like these, we need your support now more than ever.

We deliver over 10 - 15 high quality articles with expert insights and views. From 7AM in the morning to 10PM late night we operate to ensure you, the reader, get to see what is just right.

Becoming a Patron or a subscriber for as little as Rs 1200/year is the best way you can support our efforts.

Become A Patron
Become A Subscriber