Government Set To Launch 'Atmanirbhar Niveshak Mitra' Portal To Promote Domestic Investments
In order to further strengthen efforts to promote domestic investments, the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) under the Ministry of Commerce in the process of finalising a dedicated digital portal “Atmanirbhar Niveshak Mitra” to digitally facilitate investors.
The portal is in testing phase and the final version will be ready for launch by 15 May 2021. The webpage will also be available in regional languages and mobile app in due course.
The portal will have a dedicated digital investment promotion and facilitation team at Invest India which will facilitate domestic investors to directly connect or request meetings with the experts and discuss their specific investment/ doing business related matters, the Ministry of Commerce said on Friday (12 March).
It will digitally support investors throughout their doing business journey in India and help them getting all the information starting from finding an investment opportunity to exploring incentives and taxes applicable to their businesses, information and assistance for doing business in India, sources of funding, information on raw material availability, training, management requirement and tender information.
According to the ministry, this is one of the most significant digital initiative being undertaken to target the specific investor interests and ensure swift clearances & approvals throughout their doing business journey.
Special features of the Atmanirbhar Niveshak Mitra portal will be:
• Daily updates on Policies and New Initiatives by Central and State Government will be made available on the portal.
• One on one Meetings & Discussions with the Invest India experts which will ensure adequate facilitation to domestic investors and issue resolution.
• AI based Chat Bot for resolving queries.
• One-stop-shop to access all MSME portals like Champions portal, MSME Samadhaan, MSME Sampark etc.
• Know more about the Approvals, Licenses & Clearances applicable to your business.
• Explore Incentives & Schemes across different sectors and states and do an apple-to-apple comparison.
• Information on Manufacturing Clusters and Land Availability.
• Search Investment Opportunities across different sectors, subsectors, and states.
• Examine the Doing Business in India Procedures (Step by Step solution).
• Information and assistance on Bonded Manufacturing Scheme in India.
• Know more about the Applicable taxes &Taxation System in India.
• Information on Export Promotion Councils and B2B platforms of chambers of commerce.
• Connect to various Stakeholders on single platform like Central Ministries, Industry Associations, State Departments.
• Information on all Central and State Tenders by linking to tender portal of Government of India.
• Information on all states their policies, know your approvals, departments, and key officials etc.
• Linking platform to other initiatives like National Single Window, Startup India, ODOP, PMG, NIP, etc.
The ministry further said that the project is being implemented by the “Invest India” agency which was set up in 2009 as a non-profit venture under the DPIIT.
As on 4 March 2021, Invest India investment specialists have facilitated 2,34,399 business requests from domestic companies, it said.
Facilitation of domestic investors is a key focussed area in Invest India, and this includes all investors. Currently several domestic companies have a dedicated relationship manager and are under active facilitation with indicative investments of Rs 31,725 crore and actual investments of Rs 9,375 crore, generating a potential indicative employment of 77,213.
Aa far as Global Investors support is concerned, Invest India has facilitated 29,812 global business requests from 162 countries.
The team has been working with 1,384 companies out of which dedicated RMs have been assigned to 601 facilitation cases. Total indicated investments from global companies is $153.7 Billion out of which $28.75 Billion are actual investments. The companies have indicated 29,91,626 employment and have given actual employment to 3,38,685 as on 4 March march 2021.
As you are no doubt aware, Swarajya is a media product that is directly dependent on support from its readers in the form of subscriptions. We do not have the muscle and backing of a large media conglomerate nor are we playing for the large advertisement sweep-stake.
Our business model is you and your subscription. And in challenging times like these, we need your support now more than ever.
We deliver over 10 - 15 high quality articles with expert insights and views. From 7AM in the morning to 10PM late night we operate to ensure you, the reader, get to see what is just right.
Becoming a Patron or a subscriber for as little as Rs 1200/year is the best way you can support our efforts.