An Appeal – Support The Swarajya Heritage Programme
Speaking up for India's incredible art and architectural heritage is something that is very close to the heart of everyone at Swarajya. We are always thrilled to be doing travelogues and long-form articles pointing out the incredible opportunities that our heritage offers, as well as making videos on important issues.
While celebrating heritage, we've also been keen to aggressively highlight some of the problems that prevent the development of an active ecosystem of producers and custodians of art in India. We've pointed out the absolute lack of interest by governments to professionally preserve and promote archaeological sites. We're also keen that governments quit controlling and administering India's greatest storehouses of cultural practices, architectural wonders and places of worship – our temples.
We now want to bring our earlier works on such themes onto a single, coherent and well thought-out year-round initiative. We're calling this the Swarajya Heritage Programme.
Our objective is to consistently cover issues concerning Indic heritage in various formats. We also want to go beyond producing media content and venture into raising more awareness about Indic heritage through Swarajya heritage tours. A full list of activities planned under this programme can be found at the end of this article.
We're now reaching out to you to raise up to Rs 20 lakh by the end of this year for this programme. This is an entirely crowdfunded initiative since on our own we're only able to dedicate meagre resources to the problem.
We are quite sure that the majority of our readers strongly identify with what we've set out to do. And that is why we're asking you, our readers, to support this programme in the form of sponsorships.
You can help us do a great job of covering heritage and take forward our agenda by buying a sponsorship for as little as Rs 2,999.
We've always been encouraged by you in our earlier activities on this theme. We hope you will continue to extend this support in the months to come. Once again, if you're passionate about protecting and promoting Indic heritage, please do consider buying a sponsorship. We look forward to your support.
Click here to buy your sponsorships.
Publisher and Chief Digital Officer, Swarajya
Below are some of the activities we've planned under the Swarajya Heritage Programme:
- We've already published a special print issue on getting government to quit controlling our temples. You can read the issue here.
- Year round in-depth coverage of heritage affairs, especially government and official apathy and needless intervention by the state.
- Special long-form coverage, travelogues and other reportage on some of India's great heritage sites and activities surrounding them including festivals, awareness programmes and more.
- We're also launching Swarajya heritage tours to the great Chola temples, Hampi, Ajanta and Ellora caves and other great heritage sites.
- A one-day Swarajya Heritage Conclave planned for January/March 2018 to be held in Bengaluru/Chennai. The conclave will bring together the entire art and heritage ecosystem in South India.
As you are no doubt aware, Swarajya is a media product that is directly dependent on support from its readers in the form of subscriptions. We do not have the muscle and backing of a large media conglomerate nor are we playing for the large advertisement sweep-stake.
Our business model is you and your subscription. And in challenging times like these, we need your support now more than ever.
We deliver over 10 - 15 high quality articles with expert insights and views. From 7AM in the morning to 10PM late night we operate to ensure you, the reader, get to see what is just right.
Becoming a Patron or a subscriber for as little as Rs 1200/year is the best way you can support our efforts.