PM Modi Slams Forces Spreading Vaccine Hesitancy, False Rumours; Seeks Support In Generating Awareness
PM Modi Slams Forces Spreading Vaccine Hesitancy, False Rumours; Seeks Support In Generating AwarenessPrime Minister Modi

Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his address today (7 June) called out forces involved in spreading rumours against Covid-19 vaccines among the general public. The Prime Minister said since the vaccine development began attempts were made to demoralise vaccine makers.

"When India's vaccine was launches, vaccine hesitancy was promoted across various mediums which included providing various (flawed) arguments. Those who spread fears and rumours about the vaccine are playing with the lives of innocent people. I hereby appeal to you to help spread awareness over vaccines", Prime Minister Modi said.

The centre is taking over vaccination for the age groups of 18 to 44 by reverting back to the pandemic management system which was followed till 30 April.

As a result, the centre will take back the 25 per cent control which states were given over the vaccination drive. Prime Minister Modi also added that the centre will provide free vaccines to the states for the vaccination of all citizens aged above 18.

As a result the centre will procure 75 per cent of the Covid vaccines and provide it to the states free of cost. The remaining 25 per cent vaccines will be procured by private players.

An Appeal...

Dear Reader,

As you are no doubt aware, Swarajya is a media product that is directly dependent on support from its readers in the form of subscriptions. We do not have the muscle and backing of a large media conglomerate nor are we playing for the large advertisement sweep-stake.

Our business model is you and your subscription. And in challenging times like these, we need your support now more than ever.

We deliver over 10 - 15 high quality articles with expert insights and views. From 7AM in the morning to 10PM late night we operate to ensure you, the reader, get to see what is just right.

Becoming a Patron or a subscriber for as little as Rs 1200/year is the best way you can support our efforts.

Become A Patron
Become A Subscriber