In a bid to facilitate greater access to leading tourism sites in the nation, Union Minister for Culture, Prahlad Singh Patel announced on Monday (29 July) that 10 historical monuments would remain open till 9 pm every day for visitors and public, reports Asian News International (ANI).
The 10 monuments include,
1. Rajarani Temple Complex in Bhubaneswar,
2. Dulhadeo Temple in Khajuraho,
3. Sheikh Chilli Tomb in Thanesar,
4. Safdarjung Tomb, New Delhi,
5. Group of Monuments at Pattadakkal in Karnataka,
6. Group of Temples, Markanda in Maharashtra,
7. Humayun's Tomb in New Delhi,
8. Man Mahal, Vaidshala of Varanasi,
9. Gol Gumbaz in Karnataka and
10. Rani ki Vav in Gujarat
The Minister also apprised the media persons at the time of announcement that the Union Government was also considering more monuments to be kept open for longer hours for visitors and public.
As per the information revealed by the Minister Patel, these 10 monuments have been selected in the first phase and more are to follow.