Watch: Amitabh Kant On PLI Scheme, Structural Reforms And Other Strategic Initiatives To Operationalise Atmanirbhar Bharat
Amitabh Kant, CEO, Niti Aayog, addressed the third session of the multi-part webinar series ‘The Road To Atmanirbhar Bharat’ organised by Swarajya in association with Vedanta Resources Limited. The session was moderated by Siddharth Zarabi, managing editor, NEWJ.
Kant spoke on the theme of “Strategic Enablers and Policy Ecosystem for Atmanirbhar Bharat”.
During his address and Q&A session that followed, Kant spoke extensively on various areas including
- On how Atmanirbhar Bharat provides an unprecedented opportunities for India to plug in to the global supply chain due to geopolitical situation, reforms by the government, need for build rapid industrial/manufacturing capability domestically.
- The structural reforms undertaken by the government will help operationalise the vision of Aatmanirbhar Bharat (Corporate tax reforms, labour market reforms, ease of doing business, single window clearance, calibrated tariffs)
- PLI Scheme and rational behind identification of 10-12 key sectors where India can not only meet our own domestic needs but also become globally competitive, becoming leaders to supply to the world.
- Why Aatmanirbhar Bharat is not a throwback to but about engaging with the world from a position of strength, while maintaining that diversification, consolidation in the current areas of strength.
- Aatmanirbhar in sunrise sector were India can as yet capture some part of global value chain (solar, batteries etc)
- ·Other Key Policy Initiatives that Niti Aayog is working on.
The full video can be accessed here
Full report here
As you are no doubt aware, Swarajya is a media product that is directly dependent on support from its readers in the form of subscriptions. We do not have the muscle and backing of a large media conglomerate nor are we playing for the large advertisement sweep-stake.
Our business model is you and your subscription. And in challenging times like these, we need your support now more than ever.
We deliver over 10 - 15 high quality articles with expert insights and views. From 7AM in the morning to 10PM late night we operate to ensure you, the reader, get to see what is just right.
Becoming a Patron or a subscriber for as little as Rs 1200/year is the best way you can support our efforts.