Amitabh Kant, CEO, Niti Aayog, addressed the third session of the multi-part webinar series ‘The Road To Atmanirbhar Bharat’ organised by Swarajya in association with Vedanta Resources Limited. The session was moderated by Siddharth Zarabi, managing editor, NEWJ.
Kant spoke on the theme of “Strategic Enablers and Policy Ecosystem for Atmanirbhar Bharat”.
During his address and Q&A session that followed, Kant spoke extensively on various areas including
- On how Atmanirbhar Bharat provides an unprecedented opportunities for India to plug in to the global supply chain due to geopolitical situation, reforms by the government, need for build rapid industrial/manufacturing capability domestically.
- The structural reforms undertaken by the government will help operationalise the vision of Aatmanirbhar Bharat (Corporate tax reforms, labour market reforms, ease of doing business, single window clearance, calibrated tariffs)
- PLI Scheme and rational behind identification of 10-12 key sectors where India can not only meet our own domestic needs but also become globally competitive, becoming leaders to supply to the world.
- Why Aatmanirbhar Bharat is not a throwback to but about engaging with the world from a position of strength, while maintaining that diversification, consolidation in the current areas of strength.
- Aatmanirbhar in sunrise sector were India can as yet capture some part of global value chain (solar, batteries etc)
- ·Other Key Policy Initiatives that Niti Aayog is working on.
The full video can be accessed here
Full report here
An appeal from Swarajya
At Swarajya, we rely on our readers' support through subscriptions to sustain our media platform. Unlike larger conglomerates, we are unable to relentlessly chase advertising money — our model is largely built on your patronage.
Your support has never been more crucial. We work tirelessly to deliver 10-15 high-quality articles daily, ensuring you receive insightful content from 7 AM to 10 PM.
If you believe India's story has to be articulated in a way it has never been done before without shrugging it off, become a patron (or) subscribe now for ₹̶2̶4̶0̶0̶ ₹1999 and get 12 print issues, unlimited digital access for 1 year, a special India that is Bharat T-shirt (Offer ends soon).
We are counting on you!